How to Start a Manifestation Journal
Manifestation is the idea that our thoughts create our reality, and you can change your reality by shifting your thoughts, energy, and emotions. You've probably heard the infamous quote by now "thoughts become things".
AND .... it's true - what we believe (subconsciously and consciously) is what we manifest into our reality.
Once we realize we're capable of manifesting the life we want, everything changes.
I still remember learning about the law of attraction yeaaaars ago, and I would practice manifesting tiny things just to prove it "worked". It started with a cup of coffee, then $10 of unexpected money, then $100 and so on. One of the first "big" things I manifested was a $10,000 gift that literally came out of nowhere! It's been years but it still amazes me to this day.
One of the BEST ways to manifest is through journaling. Journaling is an manifestation technique that can help you attract anything you want into your life. If you're looking to start manifesting, and want to start a manifestation journal, you're in the right place! In this post, we will tell you everything you need to know and outline exactly how to start a manifestation journal.
What is a manifestation journal?
If you're knew to the law of attraction, journaling or manifestation in general, you are probably wondering 'what is a manifestation journal?'. Fair question! A manifestation journal is a journal you use to write down dreams, goals, and things you want to manifest. It can be your own notebook, or you can buy one that has the manifestation journal template done for you.
Buying a manifestation journal is a great investment, because all you have to do is fill it in. The journal prompts have already been strategically designed so you can start your journey right away.
Whichever way you do it, a manifestation journal is an incredible tool to help you get clear on your goals and start creating your dream life.
How does a manifestation journal work?
A manifestation journal works in a couple ways. Firstly, it helps you get clear on your goals. You will write down exactly what you desire in life in great detail. By doing so, you're becoming more focused on your goals. Secondly, it helps unlock your subconscious mind so you can reveal and move past limiting beliefs.
Journaling helps you release negative energy, let go of fears, and encourages take inspired action. It keeps you on track.
A manifestation journal works because you are shifting your subconscious and focusing your mind on the things you want to manifest. Many of us have been programmed to stress about all the things we don't have or the things we don't want to happen. In order to manifest, we need to shift this mindset to what we DO want.
A manifestation journal should always include affirmations and gratitudes. By writing your gratitudes and positive affirmation statements everyday, you are shifting your energy and your belief system.
Let me explain further.
Gratitude journaling is the practice of writing down or listing all the things you are grateful for. This is a powerful manifestation technique because it shifts your frequency so you vibrate higher, matching the frequency of what you want to manifest. It also changes your perspective from "lack" to one of "abundance".
When we feel abundant and grateful, we manifest MORE of that in our life. That's what the law of attraction is all about.
Keeping your goals, desires, ideas and thoughts all in one place makes you organized, focused on what you are doing and why you are doing it.
Do you need a manifestation journal template?
A manifestation journal template is a great way to get started if you are new to the concept of journaling. However, you can absolutely manifest with a blank notebook, and you don't necessarily need a template. Many manifestation journals or journal templates are designed strategically to help you get the most out of your manifestation journal. When done correctly, a manifestation journal will give you all the tools you need in one book.
The Manifest + Flow journal was designed to help you unlock your subconscious and retrain your mind so you can manifest with ease. This is incredibly important because much of what we manifest is rooted in our subconscious mind.
The subconscious mind is where we hold our beliefs, the ones that have been so deeply programmed into our mind. These beliefs tell us how we feel about love, money, career and family life. Sometimes, they are so deep rooted we have trouble identifying them!
But why does this matter and what does this have to do with manifesting? Well, when it comes to manifestation, subconscious belief patterns can be limiting. They can block your manifestations. Using a manifestation journal or manifestation journal template can provide you with the framework to start uncovering these beliefs and limitations, and will prevent you from getting stuck in old patterns.
If you haven't had much luck manifesting, or don't know where to start we recommend a manifestation journal that includes all the necessary prompts to get you started.
How to start a manifestation journal
You can start a manifestation journal pretty easily. If you are starting your own manifestation journal, and don't want to buy one that is already done for you, you need a couple items to get started. Here is what you need. Feel free to screenshot the list below.
- Notebook: choose one that makes you feel happy. Of course you can go and buy one for $1 at the dollar store, but it might be worth investing a bit more money into something you love. It's your sacred journey of dreams, so why not splurge a bit? Vibes are everything.
- Pens: probably goes without saying! You can get a variety of colours to make your manifestation journal aesthetic, or use a black or blue pen - totally up to you!
- Manifestation Journal Prompts: You need some good journal prompts to get the juices flowing. We will give you some below.
- Create a section to write gratitudes
- Create a section to write affirmations
- Photos/Inspiration pictures: this one is totally optional. I love keeping a few pics tucked away in my manifestation journal. It helps remind me what goals I am chasing and makes me so excited to achieve my goals.
Once you have all these things ready to go, you can get started on creating your manifestation journal.
Manifestation journal prompts.
Here are some juicy manifestation journal prompts to use. The Manifest + Flow journal has 320 pages of journaling, so if you want to go a bit deeper check out the journal here.
- When I visualize my dream life, it looks like this (write in detail what it looks like)
- When I get in touch with my most authentic self, I realize...
- The one thing I desire more of in my life:
- 5 things I want to manifest this year
- 5 actions I can take to start manifesting my dreams today
- 5 things I am grateful for
- Visualize yourself driving your dream car. Describe it in detail.
- If you could achieve anything by end of this year, what would it be?
- Describe your dream home.
- What lesson are you most grateful for?
- What is your dream job? Why?
- Describe your dream partner.
- What are you passionate about?
- When do you feel the happiest? How can you bring more of that into your life?
- What habits can you start today to manifest your dreams?
If you want to learn more about manifestation, check out our other blog posts where we talk about everything from Grabovoi Codes, to TikTok manifestation trends, to the science behind the Law of Attraction.